boys and bibles.....
boys and bibles.....
2018 is approaching quickly and honestly I haven't made any new years resolutions. I love making new goals for the new year because it gives me something to work on, we are all imperfect people so there is always room for improvement. First, I like to think about my whole year, a time to really reflect.
Some things I have learned this year.
1. I can actually do this whole mom thing.
In 2016 Payton and I had to adjust from having one small child to having two small children, and honestly it wasn't hard at all. This year however, we have had to adjust to having two toddlers...much harder. With Payton's work schedule it leaves me outnumbered a lot... and you know how hard it is to get two toddlers ready and out the door before Sunday School?? ugh... I just reminded myself of tomorrow. It's not so fun, but I have learned that I can't change the way things are but I can make the most of them. I try to make things easier on myself and always grab Pals for breakfast (just a lame excuse) I just love Pals! But anyways... doing things with the boys alone is not easy and sometimes it's not very fun but the more I do it.... the more I am reminded that I can do this!!
2. If I put my mind to something.. I can do it!
In high school I struggled with my grades because all I wanted to do was goof off. This year I was excepted into the Respiratory Therapy Program at Mecc and so far I am doing way better with my grades than I ever did when I was younger. It just has showed me that if I put my mind to something I want then I can do anything!
Some things I am proud of in 2017.
1. Bo's Speech
I'm going to try and not get teary eyed but this was a struggle for me this year. I always knew Bo was behind in speech but I just kind of always hoped that we would eventually get caught back up. This past summer I really noticed how far behind he was during Bible School, when all the other kids his age (even younger) could sing along to the songs. Bo couldn't even speak in sentences like other kids. After we talked to his doctor multiple times about this issue she finally got us in to see a speech therapist. Bo is actually getting ready to be discharged from speech therapy and we are so proud of him. He has came such a long way and he is speaking great!! He is still catching up to other kids but we know he will get there from all the progress he has made.
2. My Husband
I am proud of all the hard work Payton does for our family. He has made a lot of sacrifices for me to go back to school and I will forever be grateful.
3. Not passing out during clinical.
If you would have told me in high school that I would be doing something medical I would have laughed in your face considering I once passed out in class from watching a movie that had a woman giving birth in it... oh and not to mention the other time I passed out at a war reenactment. I have taken blood from patients and seen a C-section and no passing out!! 2018 is another year but hey I will take it so far.
1. Instead of running from things I want to face them head on! I constantly worry about things that haven't even happened and a lot of times this anxiety ruins my daily life. I am honestly tired of living this way, because I may not be promised tomorrow and if I am constantly worrying about tomorrow and it doesn't come... what's the point?
2. I want my relationship with God to grow even more this year.
3. Cook more!
4. Finish school.
5. Be basic... and workout!
6. Start preschool at home with Bo. Get him ready while I am home.
7. Instead of complaining... do something about it.
8. Focus more on what I am doing... and less on what other people are doing. At the end of the day people are going to do what they want and think the way they want to think. I do however have all the control on what I do, say and think!
I hope everyone has a happy and safe new year!!